I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 6 June 2019

Throwing a pot


Saltaire Arts Trail 2019 - It's always interesting to watch artists demonstrating their skills. In the Maker's Fair, ceramicist Sylvia Glover was showing how to throw a pot on a potter's wheel. She made it look so easy, not a wobbly line in sight! From a lump of clay to a beautiful, even-sided little bowl, ready to be dried, took her less than ten minutes. 

6 comments:

  1. As a fellow potter, I love that you've shared this here. She could probably make bowls all day...and bigger too, at least on a more stable wheel. That one looks really cobbled together, on top of plastic bins! But to have a portable set-up is often difficult in this craft! Yay to all crafts-people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an odd little wheel that she has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a potter do this as well. It would be well beyond my skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Foot You Cut In - Well Done

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been fascinated in this since I use to take pottery classes as a child.

    ReplyDelete