I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Mawdsley Williams furniture design


Saltaire Arts Trail 2019 - David Mawdsley, of Addingham-based Mawdsley Williams Ltd, designs and crafts the most beautiful, unique furniture from a variety of different woods, chosen for their natural characteristics and grain patterns. His pieces, both the larger items of furniture and the exquisitely crafted smaller boxes and chopping boards, make decorative use of the grain pattern and the effects achieved by inlaying different types of wood.

I've seen his work exhibited at various events like the Arts Trail and Skipton's Art in the Pen. If I had money to spare and somewhere to display it, I'd treat myself to one of his console tables or maybe a bar stool. There's something wonderfully tactile about good wood, as well as the joy of the craftsmanship that goes into each piece.

Here, he was shaping a leg for a stool. I'd love to try working with wood, though since I have difficulty even filing my nails, I'm not sure I'd be much good at it! See David's website HERE for more examples of his lovely work.


3 comments: