I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 20 June 2019

Garden glory


Keen gardeners in Shipley opened their gardens to raise money for charity one weekend in early June. Unfortunately it was damp and showery, not the best conditions for seeing them at their best. I had limited time too, but managed to get a few photos. Most of the plots are quite small and it's amazing what people manage to pack into them. Even the smallest garden can have a pond, providing a rich habitat for wildlife. Some gardens are a riot of colourful flowers and shrubs, whereas others make use of the huge variety of foliage to make a more subtle show of colour and texture.


These red and pink flowers are almost like weeds, they grow so prolifically, but they are very cheerful. I think they are called valerian.


Anything daisy-like is a hit with me. I liked the way these yellow blooms were complemented by the natural stones around the base.


Thanks for all the lovely messages yesterday, by the way. It means a lot to me and I'm thankful, so thankful, for all the friends I have through my blog.

1 comment: