I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 3 June 2019

Made by Today


Saltaire Arts Trail 2019 - The Open Houses showcase work by local people, as well as celebrated artists from further afield. Séarlait McCrea is a Northern Irish girl living in Saltaire, making understated jewellery in her home and, when on the move, in her trusty campervan. With a love of simplicity and a loathing for excess, she creates minimalist, timeless pieces produced as ethically as possible. Her vision is set out in her 'Made by Today' website HERE, where you can see (and buy) some of her subtle and classy designs. She also runs jewellery making workshops in Saltaire and Leeds.

In my photo, she was carefully shaping tiny crescents from the thin sheet of metal, using a very fine hacksaw blade. She made it seem easy but I'm sure it's harder than it looked. One slip and your finger would be cut or the piece ruined!


4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the simple geometric lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pure simplicity of the designs, though "minimalist accessories" seems a bit tautological to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like her style, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete