I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 7 May 2020

Bingley bluebells


After I'd crossed Beckfoot Bridge (see yesterday) I walked along the River Aire and through the woods, returning through Bingley's Myrtle Park. It's a pretty walk and there were few people around so it made a change from the busier routes around Saltaire. The tree canopy is higher and rather more sparse than in my local Hirst Woods and, in consequence, the bluebells were a little more advanced, though still not at their peak. (This was a week or so ago.) It was all so pretty; it's definitely my favourite time of year and seeing nature so benign and abundant is a good antidote to the grim pandemic world we're living in.



There was hardly a breath of wind and the reflections in the river were wonderful. The shot below is taken from Cottingley Bridge, where Bradford Road crosses the Aire just south of Bingley.


5 comments:

  1. Jenny, yesterday I heard the UK death toll has passed 30.000 and am simply appalled. Our German toll has flattened at 7.000 and that is bad enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenes...thanks for giving this house-bound virus prisoner a glimpse of these great spaces. (I did go grocery shopping this week, so I'm not quite as pathetic as I sound!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful especially the pic with the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scenes, I'm looking forward to level 2 next week so hopefully I can go further afield for nature walks.

    ReplyDelete