I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 11 May 2020

The blue hour


The time just before sunrise and just after sunset is known to photographers as 'the blue hour'. It rarely lasts an hour but it's the time when the sky goes dark blue and yet the shadows retain a little detail. Everything looks a little ghostly. It's best to use a tripod to get a good quality photo but my phone did a creditable job in capturing it as I walked home from the park one evening.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice composition. The phone has done an excellent job. I've not been about at that time of day for a while, having usually burned up my exercise ration by that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely how the white blossoms still give details against the darkening view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should say it did! The phone, in your hands, did a very good job indeed. That is a lovely photo. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice peaceful skyline too.

    ReplyDelete