I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 25 May 2020

Good afternoon, moon


One day I noticed that you could see the moon above the New Mill's tower, in the middle of the afternoon. I'm not exactly sure why the moon sometimes shows up during the day, though I've seen it before. It seemed to me an interesting juxtaposition of different elements in this one image: the Italianate chimney, the tree clothed with fresh spring green, the fluffy clouds and the mysterious moon. I liked it.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why it does either but it stands out being out in the day rather than night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that combination of elements too. I think the sky just has to be clear enough for us to see the moon. If you look at moonrise/moonset tables it seems that it's often up there in the daytime. I don't think many would guess that such an ornate tower is actually a chimney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice combination of textures and meanings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat photo
    I read two answers why the Moon is visible in the daylight. John has the easiest explanation.

    ReplyDelete