I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Floating or beached?


I've shown this little fella before. He's the first (or last, depending on which way you're walking) of the quirky cast-iron sculptures on the Aire Sculpture Trail. They are based on designs by children from the local Wycliffe Primary School and were made by Mick Kirkby Geddes. The sculpture trail brightens up a footpath that runs along the river bank from Baildon Bridge to join the canal towpath beside the New Mill in Saltaire.

On the same walk, I passed under all the hawthorn trees along the Coach Road. At the moment they are thick with blossom and rather beautiful.


In theory, I could now be making excursions further afield, since the UK government have eased some of the lockdown restrictions. I'm biding my time though. There are still no cafés or pubs open, few public toilets or other amenities. It seems a little premature to start exploring again, when the virus in this country is barely under control. Although I'm getting bored of walking the same local routes, and I sometimes don't know whether I'm floating or beached, much like the little chap in the top picture I'm endeavouring to make the best of it and to stay safe.


6 comments:

  1. I still cannot believe how clean and fresh everything looks. I am not bored. It is all rather wonderful! Be careful, Jenny. Take no risks. Use no toilets. One cannot negotiate with a virus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must've been a powerful flood to leave him up there. I'm feeling a bit washed up at the moment but not completely stranded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a cute fellow! The isolation and line-ups are getting to me a bit but I can't really see an end in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe is the best route. I like to think the little fellow is floating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about getting bored, I was housebound for 3 months the only place I went was food shopping it nearly did my head in. Hope you guys are out of the woods asap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of a sculpture trail. And, like you, the pandemic has changed my habits. In my case, I focused on photographing wildlife (mainly birds) and spring blooms, not unlike your last image today.

    ReplyDelete