I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 13 May 2020

Walker Wood bluebells


The last of the bluebell photos, I promise, though they are so lovely. My neighbour tipped me off about an area of woodland I hadn't explored before, near the bottom of the Glen Tramway. It's called Walker Wood, and it has a very different feel from Hirst Woods, with which I'm more familiar. Walker Wood is a continuation of the woodland that runs all the way along the escarpment, from Shipley Glen to Baildon. It's a very steep site, and strewn with rocks and mossy boulders so it has quite a magical feel.


Exploring the woods has been so refreshing this spring, a welcome distraction from all that is going on in our world. I've been trying to find quotes about bluebells; strangely there seem to be few of them. Perhaps even poets have been struck dumb by their beauty.


6 comments:

  1. Your third photo is a beauty. Jenny, what Walter de la Mere did you can do too! Here is a poetic niche just waiting for an artistically gifted soul like yourself to fill! I'll help you start: I wandered lonely as a cloud, them bluebells really did me proud........See, it's a doddle, off you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her yer mor kaplamış

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a magical place! Gorgeous, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful shots of beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This certainly does look like a magical escape from the present woes of the world, Jenny. It's one I think we would all enjoy escaping to so you are very fortunate. Thanks for sharing these lovely blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour and softness! I usually prefer a bit of soft sunshine on the bluebells, but your photos prove that is not always necessary. I can never get enough of looking at photos of bluebells.

    ReplyDelete