I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 1 October 2018

Hints of autumn


My visit to Harlow Carr Gardens this week was simply to take 'spur of the moment' advantage of an unexpectedly sunny and relatively warm early autumn day. The trees around home in Saltaire are beginning to look a bit yellow or brown in patches, but only the ornamental maples and rowans have any real autumn colour as yet. The most vibrant colour in the RHS gardens was from shrubs: some vivid red Euonymus making focal points among the various beds. (The only photo I took of one has a man obscuring the shrub, something that wasn't apparent to me at the moment I pressed the shutter! Grr.) Some of the specimen trees are starting to colour up. It's hard to tell what the autumn will be like, but orange leaves against a blue sky are always great combination.



5 comments: