I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 8 October 2018

Morning


I've lived in Saltaire for 20 years and photographed its square mile for the past ten of those years, yet still it manages to surprise and often delight me. I was up fairly early one morning to catch a train. It was a beautiful, sunny morning with a hint of autumn in the chill air. The ticket machine was behaving itself and there was no queue, so I bought my ticket and still had a quarter hour to wait for my train. I walked the short distance down to the church, enjoying the sunshine, and was astonished to notice how lovely the trees at the end of the drive looked, with the sun's rays filtering through. (Even more astonished that my photo conveyed the atmosphere rather well.) What a lovely start to my day!

5 comments: