I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 18 June 2020

Project 'Inside' 4: Alstroemeria flower


I bought some alstromerias - the lily of the Incas - both to cheer myself up and to practise some macro photography. To be honest, I soon get bored with this kind of work. I'd love to be able to recreate those pretty, soft focus flower photos that I see everywhere on my social media photography feeds. It seems too technical a process to be really creative, as far as I'm concerned, fiddling around with a tiny depth of field and trying to get the lighting and focus spot on. I did, however, enjoy the way the close focus brought out all the subtle colours in the petals. This is one bloom from the spray; each stem has four or five of these individual blooms and they are relatively small so this is a larger than life-size picture.

3 comments:

  1. Very effective with the simple white background. I sometimes think I'll buy a proper macro lens but wonder if I'd ever have the patience to get the desired results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never remember the name of these flowers!

    ReplyDelete