I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 25 June 2020

Dramatic skies


After all the blue sky, sunny weather we've been having for weeks, photographically at least it was a relief to get back to some cloudy and more interesting skies. Here's quite a brooding, dramatic sky above the equally brooding and dramatic canal-side facade of Salts Mill.

Applying a few textures makes it even more dramatic.



[Bloggers... Is anyone else struggling with the 'new Blogger' interface? Or is it just me? Seems such a palaver now to upload photos. Every step in the process now seems to consist of three. I keep losing photos I've uploaded because, if you upload several at once, you can't choose which ones to add to a post like you could before. If you then remove photos from a post they don't stay 'available' for the next post and you have to fish them out of the blog album, which takes ages to load. So frustrating. I hate how they suddenly change things for no apparent reason. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it', software developers!]

8 comments:

  1. Nice moody pictures. I wouldn't mind a cloud or two in the sky today.
    I suspect Blogger, like the firm my brother used to work for, employs someone in charge of re-organisation and innovation. My brother asked him what would happen to his job when everything was sorted out, to which the reply was "That'll never happen".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clouds do offer lots of opportunity for photographs. I'm dismayed to hear about updated blogger and photos. In our culture of consumerism, we've long ago let everything break so it could be replaced, and purchased new models when there wasn't a thing wrong with the old ones. My pet peeve today is how many softwares have to be "updated" before I can use them each time I return to them after a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that second textured one! Re Blogger--I haven't seen any change. No problem uploading photos. At least not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the new blogger yet. I'm afraid my old computer may not be able to use it and even if it does I'm not very techie so I may not be able to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good photos
    The new blogger...I tried it weeks ago, and went back to the old theme because it is easier to use. I'm back to the new blogger because it is near time for it to be changed anyway. Like it? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the textured photo. Yes I agree about the uploading of photos. I would upload all and then add them as i needed but now can't do that as they all disappear. It is a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fun to play around with a photo as I have done too. The textured effect worked well with the building. Yes, the new blogger interface for inserting photos is very tedious and much more complicated. It seems these changes were done to allow mobile posting, but I only use my desktop or laptop and not a phone or tablet. Also I have found the interface sometimes reverts back to the old interface without notice. Another change is that spam comments cannot be marked as such, so now just delete them.

    ReplyDelete