I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 23 September 2019

Festival Sunday


Saltaire Festival 2019
In contrast to the sunny Saturday, the first Sunday of Saltaire Festival was dull, overcast and rather chilly. I was free to wander and take photos though, as I'd delivered my grandchildren safely back to their parents, so I explored quite a few of the Open Gardens. I was also able to see some of the choirs taking part in Saltaire Sings. Community choirs seem to be a growing trend and we now have the Great Yorkshire Chorus, launched about a year ago in Saltaire. They are fairly easy to spot in their colourful bright purple and orange tops. Being so deaf, I can't really tell good music from bad but they had drawn a good crowd outside the Victoria Hall. It's a large choir too, obviously attracting people to join, so I presume they are pretty good at what they do.


4 comments:

  1. Considering it is a relatively small place Saltaire really does have much to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like all ages were involved in that choir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was beautiful to see, even if you were not able to enjoy the singing. Your deafness leads you to develop other senses, like your ability to see more clearly and artistically than many others.

    ReplyDelete