I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 25 September 2019

Terence Lister sculptures


Saltaire Festival 2019
One of Saltaire's larger gardens on Albert Road was hosting a number of sculptures by Terence Lister, an artist based in Huddersfield. Most of them were depictions, in one form or another, of the human body. I really liked the wooden panel, below, which used the wood grain as well as some gentle carving to subtly suggest the curves and shaping of a nude torso.


This wooden head also had so much character:


Two figures that might suggest Adam and Eve were placed beside a tomato plant - a love apple. I'm sure that wasn't an accidental placement.


These were attractive displays of very good work. Much of it appealed to me. Pity I'm not wealthy!


4 comments:

  1. I really like the wooden head and how the beard hangs down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The timber ones would be nice in a garden. I like the bearded man best.

    ReplyDelete