I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 14 September 2019

Neons from Heaven


'Sculpt' Arts Trail
'Neons from Heaven' by Silvia Lerin was a striking installation of 100 blue tubes with reflective bases, suspended centrally in the church. It is apparently about times we need guidance in our lives, looking for enlightenment. Heavenly blue light is suggested by the tubes and we see ourselves reflected as we look up at the bases. The guidance you need is potentially within you.

I'm not always sure that my interpretation of an artwork is anywhere near that of the artist's... It was an impactful piece, nevertheless and picked up nicely the touches of blue around the church, in the stained glass windows and furnishings.


The church is question was the large church of St. Mary in the centre of the market town of Masham. I've visited it before, on a rather nicer day (see HERE).  It's lovely and has the air of a well-used and well-loved church, the hub of the community.


6 comments:

  1. Seeing blue art in the direction of sky must be an interesting experience. The tubes look to me like skybeams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm really enjoying these spiritual installations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one hanging in the middle of the church!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful church. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like a templar building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful shade of blue, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how to they stand out inside the church

    ReplyDelete