I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 1 November 2019

Just with my phone


I finally treated myself to a new phone, after having a scare when my old one refused to charge up for a while. The renewed battery life alone has made it worth the expense! It has a much better camera than the old phone too, so I decided I'd leave my Fuji behind when I went for a walk recently and just use the phone. It's pretty good. Though some of the images don't look quite pin sharp to me, it renders colours well. It has a wider angle lens than my usual Fuji lens, so big views like the one above, of Roberts Park from the footbridge, are easier to take. There is lots to experiment with; I expect I'll get the hang of it eventually. 

It was a glorious autumn day. After several days of continual rain, the river was very full and the weirs were dramatic. 


Tree colour has come on a lot in the last week or so too. It all looked beautiful along the promenade, around the bandstand.



6 comments:

  1. A useful back up when you haven't got the camera; the results look fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, much easier to have handy all the time. It has as many megapixels as my first digital camera! I suspect with a better technique I'll get even better results than these. I was a bit shaky at first.

      Delete
  2. I gave my 20-year old Nokia a new battery last year. Nix camera, nix internet. We get on just fine. Charge it up once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got great pics with the phone's camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a convenience...but I don't do professional photos, so seldom bring the Nikon along any more.

    ReplyDelete