I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 25 November 2019

More gold


Autumn seemed to start a little early but slowly this year. Then, as the nights got colder, we did see some wonderful colour develop. One of the best places locally to enjoy the varied hues is along the stretch of canal that goes through Hirst Wood. It's a pleasant circular walk of a mere three miles to go out from Saltaire along the canal towpath and return through the ancient woodland itself. Again, these are just phone snaps, but I think they still show how lovely it all looked. With the benefit of cataract surgery (and really appreciating the privilege of having it done on the NHS, so skilfully and with so little fuss) I am looking around me with a renewed sense of awe and gratitude for the glorious world we live in.



5 comments:

  1. I find it amazing that after over sixty autumns I'm still surprised by all this sudden beauty. (Glad to hear that the cataract surgery went well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place, the first photo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just beautiful! love those colours.

    ReplyDelete