I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 19 November 2019

Pastel tones


Harris, day four
We spent late afternoon on day four on Scarista beach, a long crescent of pale sand in the shadow of Ceapabhal. The beach faces north and the sunset unfolded gradually in a series of pastel hues. I was busy again with my ND filter to smooth the water. The top photo is without it and the one below is using it to give a 1.5 sec exposure. Sometimes I prefer one and sometimes the other!


As the light faded the hills of Taransay across the Sound were tinted pink:


The clouds, lit by the setting sun, were a gentle fire of blues, greys, corals and pinks:


8 comments:

  1. That first image has a really lovely dreamy quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo appears to show more wave definition, a good capture of breaking surf. Beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 1st one best too. You saw so much beauty on this trip, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great skies...and I also like seeing waves in detail in No.1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be tempted to add the foreground of the first shot to the background of the second - or is that cheating? I'm enjoying your Hebridean visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magical is what comes to mind with these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the 15 second exposure one, did you use a tripod?

    ReplyDelete