I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 2 November 2019

Puppy in the woods


I had a day over at my daughter's house, looking after my grandchildren - and (rather scarily!) my new grand-dog - as the girls were off school for half-term and their parents were both working. When my daughter got home, we took the puppy, Cookie, for a walk in the woods. That's a very new experience for me, as I've never had a dog, ever. They are training him and taking him to puppy classes, so he's beginning to learn how to behave. He is allowed off the lead a little now, though cautiously, as he's still a bit unpredictable. He responds quite well to his 'mum' and 'dad', though less well to me. I suppose he isn't used to my voice and I'm not used to him so I guess my anxiety is discernable. The woods around their house are beautiful and the view from their front windows, over the Calder valley, is currently stunning with all the autumn golds.

It's not often I get a photo of me these days. My daughter takes the credit for these two, taken on her phone and used with her permission.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful Jenny - perfect photos for Autumn ... great they've got a grand-dog for you! Enjoy - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming photo, and Cookie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have owned several Golden Retrievers over the years. I get the immediate impression that your youngest granddaughter will be the one for whom Cookie will be "extra special". Be careful Jenny, he might gobble you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first dog, gotten when I was a very small child, was "Cookie" also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww he's so cute, I'm sure he will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete