I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Advent windows 1


Saltaire Living Advent Calendar 2018

Have you been waiting patiently for me to unveil Saltaire's 2018 Living Advent Calendar windows? Now in its 13th year, this tradition sees a decorated window 'open' every night in December, up to Christmas Eve. Nowadays, there's a 'bumper starting pack' too, with 15 windows opening on the first night, meaning that there's plenty to view right from the start on a walk through the village.

The wet weather, and now my traumatised camera, have meant I've struggled to get any photos so far. But here is my first one, at the back of 71 George Street: a Santa-clad cyclist labouring uphill in the snow. This one, for me, epitomises the best - a simple and clear graphic, lovely colours, well-lit and with a modern take on the festive theme. Well done to its artist, Marianne, a keen cyclist herself.

4 comments: