I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Ill-fated in Ilkley


I went over to Ilkley to have a walk by the river and to take some photos of the Christmas lights. It was, unfortunately, an ill-fated expedition. On the way back to my car, I managed to trip over a low kerb in the dark. I went flying and so did my DSLR camera, bouncing on its lens hood, which shattered. It's a bit poorly now... Although only the filter glass cracked (not the lens) and it still takes photos, the zoom mechanism is stiff and there are artefacts on the LCD screen. I've taken it to a camera shop in Leeds to get an estimate for repair. It may well not be worth it. (I have insurance but since the camera is quite an old model, it won't pay out enough to make it worth claiming.) Boo.

Never mind, that is only 'stuff' and can be replaced, even if at some cost. Thankfully, I've no broken bones, and just suffered some cuts, grazes and bruises. One of those times when you just wish you could turn the clock back two minutes!

And after all that, none of my photos turned out all that well anyway! These are the best of the bunch but don't give anything like a true idea of the lights, which are in reality very pretty, all strung through the trees.



6 comments:

  1. 9th May my wife lost her balance in the kitchen. She fell smashed her upper left arm and shoulder to smithereens. Surgeons fitted chromed steel replacement. Six months on the physio lady comes 3x per week. Never mind the Kodak 127. Jenny I am sad you fell, but glad you really have been SOOO lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it wasn't worse! Though I understand how it hurts when something happens to our cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos of dark/lights, which still show trees/buildings, are an interesting mix of total dark and almost dark. So sorry about your camera. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch on your fall, and ouch on the camera. Beautiful shots, that second one particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch hope you're ok, sounds like something I would do. Anyway love the photos of all of the lights up, wish our town had more up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of your fall but thank goodness you didn't break yourself! Hope they can fix the camera!

    ReplyDelete