I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 22 December 2018

Salts Mill's wonderful bookshop


Can there be a nicer place to spend an hour (or even two) on a cold winter's day than the bookshop in Salts Mill? It's bright, warm and cosy, despite its huge space. The massive Christmas tree adds festive cheer and there are so many gorgeous, colourful books... It's hard to escape without spending a fortune, and particularly now I have my grandchildren. The children's book section is extensive and wonderful, and they don't seem to mind if you hunker down with the kids and read few right there. Such bliss.

(My little camera didn't cope so well with interior shots but never mind.)

6 comments:

  1. Aren't children's books wonderful these days? One aspect of my work that I do miss is reading stories to the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this place - and the smell of the lilies..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent ages in there when we visited and came home with some great books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look cozy in spite of obviously being big... And I agree a bookshop is a good place to hang around for a while to warm up when it's cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas tree.
    To You and to your loved ones, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Best wishes
    Maria de
    Divagar Sobre Tudo um Pouco

    ReplyDelete