I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Advent windows 6


Saltaire Living Advent Calendar 2018

It's nice when local businesses join in with the advent windows. This is the Louise Perry Bridal shop, on Caroline Street. Its theme is The Nutcracker, a traditional Christmas story often performed as a ballet with a wonderful Tchaikovsky score. My daughter and I went to see a live screening by the Royal Ballet from Covent Garden last year, which was brilliant. I love watching ballet but actual performances are often prohibitively expensive, so a cinema screening is better value for money and you can still feel as though you're watching the real thing.

3 comments:

  1. Peter Tchaikovsky once complained that his head was "full of noise". I once had the delight to stand in the drawing room of his Russian land house where he composed this wonderful music.

    ReplyDelete