I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Fluid


'Fluid' was the theme for my online photo club for October, so I tried quite a few different images. I was hoping to capture 'fluid' both as a noun and as an adjective in one image. I mentioned the other day that I've become intrigued by ICM (Intentional Camera Movement), slow shutter speeds and generally more impressionistic photography of late. I've done quite a lot of creative playing with my phone and in processing, using various apps and techniques. This image, however, has been created entirely in my camera, using a slow shutter speed, handheld and manual focus. It is, of course, a reflection in water but I like to think I've done something a bit different with it, though I do find it quite hard with these more abstract offerings to tell which images are genuinely pleasing 'per se' and which are just pleasing to me because I've spent time 'creating' them.

5 comments:

  1. That's something I have to work on with my camera especially night photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely...and definitely meeting the adjective with its fluidity. M. C. Escher had a drawing of a similar scene, without the fluidity...and without the nice balance of reflections out of focus and just that one leaf in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fluid to me and rather dreamlike too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've got a good eye. So you probably won't go very far wrong in your experiments. This and the day following are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete