I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 6 January 2019

All aboard


Here's another photo taken when I was experimenting with my new camera on its first outing. It has a happy knack of making colours look really zingy, and this old boat made a good subject. The artwork, of colourful waves and sea creatures, was done by pupils at Saltaire Primary School and the boat has been planted up as a flower trough by the Hirstwood Regeneration Group. It sits beside the canal at Hirst Lock.

3 comments:

  1. In my teenage years (13) I would have given everything to own such a boat.....I raised a burned-out ship's lifeboat near Crossflats and pulled it alone through the 5-rise all the way down to Shipley Ashley Wharf. The lock-keeper at Bingley was most put out! But too late; I was already half way down the flight .....License? Mmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The boat artwork is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete