I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 7 January 2019

The burning bush


Here, as promised, are some of the photos I took at RHS Harlow Carr on NY Day. I was in search of colour and the most obvious contenders were the winter borders. There are vibrant stems of dogwood in reds, oranges and yellows, beautifully offset with textural evergreens and soft grasses. 

You can capture standard shots, as above, or abstracts like below. Either way, you can't miss those reds! 


7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - your photos are always works of art - and delightful to see. Have a very happy New Year ... and I look forward to more posts - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your standard shot very much indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. In snow, the dogwood will be interesting as well. Its a favorite plant. In the border it is even better looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And how those reds pop against the green! Makes me want to add some of those dogwoods to my own landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely winter sight! It seems that we have little color here in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only beautiful contrasting colors, but just look at those textures!

    ReplyDelete