I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 1 January 2019

New Year, new camera


This is my Christmas present to myself! (Not only for this year but for at least the next ten Christmasses - haha.) As I recounted a couple of weeks ago, I had a fall and managed to trash my Nikon DSLR. Ouch. I've healed from my bruises, thankfully. The verdict on the camera and lens was that it could be repaired but, of course, at some cost.

Well, it so happened that a friend of mine was just at that time selling his Fuji X-T2 camera body, a beautiful camera that I'd long thought would be nice to have. It's a mirrorless system, so it is quite a lot lighter than a DSLR, and it's much more up-to-date and full of features compared to my rather old and basic Nikon. So, after some heart-searching, I bought it! Bought an 18-135mm lens to go with it and have spent many happy hours reading the hefty manual and trying to get to grips with the controls and functions. It's quite a lot different from my old camera in the way it is set up. It will take me a while to become fully 'at one' with it. Hopefully, you won't notice too much of a reduction in the quality of my images while I learn how to use it. Ultimately, maybe, you'll actually notice an improvement. I think images should be sharper. So, here goes...

I hope you treated yourself, one way or another, over Christmas. Now the New Year is here though, I'm rather looking forward to 'getting back to normal'.

All that remains is for me to wish you a very happy New Year and a healthy, happy and peaceful 2019 - a year that hopefully will see a calming down of all the political turmoil and us all being kinder to one another and to our planet.

6 comments:

  1. Happy new camera!
    It is a wonderful way to start the year, learning a new camera. A small Fuji was a favorite carry with me/good pocket fit, for years.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new X-T2 Fuji looks very smart indeed. Happy New Year to you, Jenny. No falls in 2019, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Jenny .
    That Camera looks A Fine Beast
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it's my favourite camera! I use to have a FujiFilm a few years ago and it was the best I had.

    ReplyDelete