I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 22 August 2019

Macro experiments


There are more boring and sensible things I should be spending my money on but I splurged on a macro lens. I've been hankering after a 50mm prime lens for some time and came across a Zeiss 50mm macro lens, secondhand, for a reasonable price. (Not that any photo equipment is 'reasonable' really. It's an expensive hobby!) Its first outing was to Harlow Carr gardens. I have such a lot to learn... The vast majority of my attempts were incorrectly focussed. Here is a selection of a few that came out halfway decent. The alpine house proved to be a happy hunting ground for macro shots (lots of miniature plants and no wind!).






10 comments:

  1. I see your gate has just opened for a whole new photographic world! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The bee's wings show up well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good collection of macros, especially if it is your first attempt. I still haven't mastered my macro lens yet. I was given a tip to not to try to get too close or use the widest aperture to get sharper shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money well spent! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you did very well, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the details against the blurred background, my fav is the first bee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ones you've shown here look fine - just keep quiet about the failures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been doing some "flower with bee or butterfly" close-ups recently, too, but I have been doing it completely differently. (And probably wrong!) I have been using the long end of a good 70 - 300mm zoom lens. So far I am happy with mine, but yours look equally good.

    ReplyDelete