I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Sunday 11 August 2019

Solitude


The theme for my online photo group for July was, simply, 'boat '. That's not a difficult subject round here, with plenty of opportunity to photograph boats on the canal or river. I thought, however, I'd try something a wee bit different. I was walking along the river and this lone sculler passed me, hardly making a splash in the water - a picture of tranquillity and solitude. She was (handily) wearing a red top so she stood out nicely against all the summery greens. I thought I'd try to process the photo to give it a dreamy, soft quality, leaving her small in the frame to emphasise her aloneness. (Notwithstanding this mad photographer clicking away on the river bank - ha!)

4 comments:

  1. So glad a mad photographer happened by, then did everything necessary for me to see this this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Peter's school reports: " Could have done better".

    ReplyDelete