I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Advent windows 9


Saltaire Living Advent Calendar 2019

This whimsical cut-out is just part of a double spread window in the old Salts Hospital building, now apartments. It was created by the people who make Saltaire Soap, high quality soap handmade from natural ingredients. They sell it through local fairs, markets and online (HERE). I must admit I've never tried it. I do now use soap bars, after years of using the plastic packaged liquid stuff, and have finally worked out how to stop the bars going too soggy. (Sit them on a silicone pan scrubber!) One bar lasts me ages and I'm still working through a stock of soaps I've been gifted at various times. I understand that the Saltaire soap is very good, with lovely scents and gentle on the skin. I'll have to treat myself one day.

5 comments:

  1. I have never tried using soap with a silicone pan scrubber. Certainly you will be very clean indeed.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jenny!

    Thank you for the soap tip.
    I use bar soap to decrease the use of plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Series Is Absolute Beautiful - Well Done

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always love trying new soaps, I'm like you I have to be a bit careful in case my skin gets a rash from certain brands.

    ReplyDelete