I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 20 December 2019

Christmas Bandstand Concert


There was Christmas entertainment in Roberts Park last weekend. The Hall Royd Brass Band were playing Christmas songs and carols from the bandstand. There was also a stall selling food and drink; the mulled wine and festive cupcakes looked appetising. Last year at the same event, I seem to remember I was given a free cup of mulled fruit juice but that wasn't on offer this year. Never mind, it was a good atmosphere and it's always nice to bump into friends there. 






I wonder whether Sir Titus Salt himself, surveying the scene from the top of his plinth, approves of such revelries or not. He used to enjoy giving his mill workers treats like an annual trip to the seaside, so he probably looks on benignly.

I almost considered asking him... but then I wasn't quite sure whether the chap with the long white beard was Sir Titus with a Santa hat on or Santa Claus himself, having a day off before all the hard work and sleigh-riding begins. Perhaps he was trying to mingle with the locals... though it's hard to blend into the crowd with a bushy white beard as lush as that one.

7 comments:

  1. The musicians look well wrapped up against the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always ask him who he is...but I dare say something about Santa. Love the musicians outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Titus looks very festive and happy. Not sure about the mulled wine, I'm not a wine fan but I could handle the mulled juice though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bandstand reminds me of a bakery creation topped with ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoever he is he cuts a fine figure. Nice entertainment for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete