I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 27 December 2019

Cookie chaos


I had a really lovely Christmas with my daughter and family. Our Christmas dinner was roast beef, for a change from the traditional turkey, and very tasty it was too; vegetables cooked to perfection and very tender beef from the local butcher in Hebden Bridge. Then we all lolled around, as you do, in a contented glow and played board games and charades, with much hilarity. I forgot my camera so I only have a few phone snaps and nothing worth sharing!

On Boxing Day, though it was dull and drizzly, we had a walk with our extended family plus Cookie, my grand-dog. He's still only a puppy but he's pretty well-behaved. He runs ahead sometimes but he keeps running back to check where the family are and he comes back when you call him. We were, however, in an unfamiliar area so my daughter mostly kept him on his lead. Leads are for playing with and getting tangled up in, of course! Motherhood is quite an art with two lively kids and a puppy!


Cookie seemed to like the new, soft bed I bought him for Christmas, anyway. It'll probably get chewed... Most things do! He is settled in with the family quite happily and even I, unused to dogs and initially not keen on the idea, have adjusted. In fact, I think he's a real softie (or perhaps it's me that's the softie!)


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - lovely to see the photos ... it sounds like the perfect Christmas ... family, fun and freedom - enjoy the rest of your time with the family ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful for kids to grow up with a dog. Your Christmas sounds wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty little chocolate dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new puppy, Cookie.
    He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete