I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 27 March 2020

Entertaining angels


'Be not forgetful to entertain strangers:
for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.'
Hebrews 13: 1-2


I found all these on a recent wander around Bingley Cemetery, a beautiful and peaceful place. I love the character in the angels' faces.



I especially like the one above, she looks like a super hero.


We may not be able to 'entertain strangers' face to face right now, but there are still ways of extending hospitality and encouragement. Let us all be angels - and sunshine!

4 comments:

  1. I really like that last one, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely collection of angels, they seem to have been very popular on graves of the late Victorian era, I've been meaning to visit the old town cemetery for years to photograph them there. I've entertained a few beautiful angels who turned out to be old devils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see you taking photos of these too, I love seeing the different sculptures in cemeteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, and I believe the super-heroine is true to her name.

    ReplyDelete