I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 14 March 2020

Mizzle


It looked like a beautiful day unfolding through my window, so I put my coat on and went for a walk. I soon found that looks are deceptive. Despite the blue sky, sunshine and apparent lack of rain clouds there was in fact a constant slight drizzle, so light you'd perhaps call it a mizzle. It was as if the weather was acting like an overtired child; as though it had simply got into the habit of being whining and tearful and couldn't stop grizzling/drizzling. I still enjoyed my walk (the usual route) but by the time I got home the light damp had turned into steadier rain. I gather we've had getting on for four times the average amount of rainfall in the past month in this area, on top of a rather wet winter overall. I'm not really complaining, as the alternative of drought is just as bad, but I'm looking forward to some reliably dry weather now.



6 comments:

  1. Think positive. Your tree field is such a lovely dark green. The canal pound is full of fresh oxygenated water for the fish, and (hopefully) all the reservoirs are all brimming over. Delightful English Spring can come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice weather for the spring blooms I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say Mizzle is definitely an English word, and very appropriate. Glad you had enough sun and blue skies for these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the narrow boats. Perhaps in another lifetime...

    ReplyDelete