I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Golden trumpets


At least Spring isn't cancelled. I noticed the recent sunshine has opened up the daffodil buds on the lawn in front of Saltaire's URC church. Rather annoyingly, they all face the church so if you want a photo with the church in the background, all you can see is the backs of their heads! (Oh, I'm so demanding!)  I suppose it must be to do with the sun's trajectory during the day. I'd rather believe the trumpets are sounding a fanfare, joining in with the church congregation. Not that there is one at the moment. A combination of the ceiling collapsing and the coronavirus pandemic has effectively closed the church doors for the foreseeable future.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely spring photo!
    Thank you for the laugh, daffodils facing away from the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment all your lovely daffodils are asking each other: "We are here promptly on time, but where have all the people gone?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then the photographer was on her knees too, in order to look up at daffys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still lovely to see even from the back, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daffodils facing the wrong way is not one of the major problems I have to deal with at the moment. I'm troubled by a cock pheasant who comes to feed near my window but never when the sun is in the right place. It's a tough life taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daffodils often are not very cooperative. Once we have any blooming, I will try to get a few photos, but regretfully there are none flowering now.

    ReplyDelete