I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Swansong?


As the global coronavirus pandemic gathers speed, I wonder how much longer I'll be able to keep up a flow of new photos on my blog. We've been asked (we may be ordered) to stay at home where possible. Attractions are closed. The countryside is 'open' so far but, as my own emotions rise and plunge in hope and despair, I may not always have the motivation to make the effort to get out. I will do what I can and I guess, anyway, that others are in just the same boat. Stay safe and well, everyone.

Talking of boats, there were none on the canal when I walked down there recently, apart from the ever-present ice-cream boat in the distance. I haven't seen that open yet this year and I suppose it will be a long time before it can trade again. There were two swans gliding around hungrily. They were chasing me in the hope I'd provide food but I didn't take any with me.

It's a long time since I did a texturised photo of Saltaire, in this case the classic view of the two mills: Salts on the left and the New Mill on the right. I've added a coloured texture layer and a bit of 'glow' to lift the scene as it was quite a dull day and the original image lacked a bit of oomph. Now, I quite like it.

7 comments:

  1. More like palaces of gold than dark satanic mills. If this goes on we may be reduced to taking pictures indoors. If I start publishing recipes on my blog you'll know the end is nigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely pic, Jenny! I have lots of back-up pics in my archives but always like to use fresh pics when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a classic photo, with the enhancement it really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The enhancements you mentioned really made this image "pop" Jenny. It will be unfortunate if you are not able to get out for photo walks. So far it has not come to that here, although there are so many closures...being outdoors is not prohibited. We live in a former textile mill and formerly a water canal powered the mill, but is now an underground parking garage. Stay safe and be well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo Jenny, especially the reflections. My emotions do the same, one minute I'm optimistic that we will all be ok, the next I'm scared and fearful that life will never be the same again. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is an eerie but beautiful photo. I hope you can keep up your walks . I go in the forest by myself now. It is a blessing to be surrounded by calming nature in stead of empty shelves in supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Idyllic!

    I am in a position where I only have a handful more posts ready, and will have to take a pause for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete