I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 2 March 2020

Wharfedale views



























Upper Wharfedale is the Yorkshire dale I am most familiar with and I love the sweeping views once you climb up the valley side. One afternoon I walked from Scargill House to Conistone Pie (not a pie! Just an outcrop of rocks.) Part of the path follows the Dalesway long distance trail. The stormy weather made for some fabulous and quickly changing cloudscapes. It was very windy, with a high chill factor, but I only got hailed on once.




























Hardy Yorkshire sheep and dry stone walls are a feature of the valley. The sheep often seem as curious about us as we are about them.


6 comments:

  1. In Sheepspeak: "Wot me? Hardy? I'd rather be down the pub watching Emmerdale!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for braving the elements to paint these very beautiful photos...art in camera form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful landscape views, Jenny, and the sheep were willing models as well. I really liked the cloud formations which were so dramatic, an understatement to be sure.

    ReplyDelete