I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 1 May 2019

A bimble round Burley 3: Burley Weir


At the end of The Goit, you reach the River Wharfe where it tumbles over Burley weir. We've had several weeks with little rain, so the water level was quite low. That meant the stepping stones were navigable. There were families with children, all quite happily hopping across to the far bank where there's room to lay out picnic blankets and sit. I even watched one lady, wearing flip-flops, carrying a toddler on her shoulders and a large bag. She strode across quite confidently, whereas I... I thought better of trying. I must be getting soft in my old age - or maybe it was the thought of my new camera and all that water that put me off...  Still, I sat on a rock for ages and watched the resident heron patrolling the weir, some dogs enjoying the water, and some children paddling in the shallows with their little shrimp nets. It's a pretty spot. 



5 comments:

  1. I'm with you, being a bit more cautious these days. Beautiful photos of a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weir falls are quite a lovely sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, too, Jenny; a complete wuss when it comes to stuff like that. Love the verb, 'to bimble'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. But I wouldn't have the nerve either.

    ReplyDelete