I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 29 October 2019

A mindful moment


An autumn leaf floating on the surface of the lily pond at Harlow Carr seemed to me rather beautiful; a moment of mindfulness, enjoying the shapes, colours and arrangement of forms in this little tableau.  (It's probably, as they say round here, 'a bit of a Marmite picture'. Marmite is that salty, yeasty spread which you either love, as I do, or hate!)

9 comments:

  1. I like Marmite - and I like that picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture -- but not Marmite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the layers that are portrayed, and then the 2 spiky leaves coming through them. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know the Beefeaters. We are the exclusive, dedicated Marmite eaters! I started on 2x Oxo cubes plus a slice of Mother's Pride, easily transportable as a day ration on your bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I DON'T like marmite but I do like your picture, such a clear, light surface but with rather ominous shapes below!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to ask, did you see the programme on BBC 4 last night about the photographer with a shop in Bradford who took thousands of portraits? It was fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was very interesting. ( I wonder if anyone will 'discover' ours in years to come?)

      Delete