I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Friday 4 October 2019

Papped!


Out for a walk recently, my route took me alongside the playing fields around a local public (ie: private!) school. Tucked away right round the back, on quite a secluded pitch, I noticed a football practice session underway - and then I realised it was our local league team, Bradford City, in action. I surreptitiously took a couple of photos, not wanting to get shouted at, though with hindsight I wish I'd been a little bolder and made more effort. They were a long way away so I would probably have been able to get a little closer. As it is, this was with my lens on its longest setting and the photo is heavily cropped so it's a bit fuzzy. I'll never make it as a paparazzo!

I don't think Bradford City will make it either this season. They've slid down to League Two and so far (as I write this) have won five out of eleven matches this season. So they look as though they need the practice, though it all looked a bit desultory.

3 comments:

  1. Not every season is a winning one, and it can take a long time to work your way out of a slump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see them practicing...hope that leads to winning. Our high school where my son works had a 0-9 season until I came to a game (their last home game) this week, and they won. They have 5 or so more games for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you took a good photo even from a distance.

    ReplyDelete