I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 26 October 2019

Three little pigs and other stories


Every now and again I realise I've amassed a few photos that, for one reason or another, I quite like but that don't really 'fit in' anywhere. Like the three sleepy pigs that I spotted in Wales....

and the other one with a hat on...


Or the litter shouting out from the side of the footpath...


And this is somewhere I've always wanted to visit, ever since I came to live in Bradford.... Idle is a district in the city and lends its name to many things that end up being mildly amusing. I was invited by some friends to a function in the church, followed by a reception at the Working Men's Club. I did notice that the list of past vicars at the church was entitled 'Vicars of Idle' rather than 'Idle Vicars'!


It puts me in mind of one of my favourite quotes:

'How beautiful it is to do nothing and then rest afterwards.'

Have a good day! 

7 comments:

  1. Pigs certainly know how to relax - just as much as the Idle working men, I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idle pigs? These are all great pics, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckling over here looking at the Idles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. .....and one little pig said "wee wee wee" and ran all the way home! It must be true because the BBC's Daphne Oxenford said so......."Listen With Mother" 1952. "Are you sitting comfortably? Then we will begin......"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these random shots -- especially the pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pigs have a very good idea right about now.

    ReplyDelete