I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 30 October 2019

Macro practice


I haven't found much time to practice with my 50mm macro lens yet, so I decided to take only that one to RHS Harlow Carr this time. It is interesting trying to take scenic shots like those I showed on Sunday. It works quite well but it's a challenge remembering that I've got to walk backwards and forwards rather than zoom the lens to get the framing I'm after. 

Close-ups are nice, with a lovely blur to the background, though I'm still not that good at getting the focus point exactly where I want it. It's all trial and error. I managed to find some wonderful colours though - and that is welcome as the nights draw in and the colour leaches out of the world. 








7 comments:

  1. Those are great. I think that's how most flower photographers operate: lots of photos and many failures along the way - thank heavens for digital photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should put these in an exhibition, they are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots with color and dull backgrounds to set the focus off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice shots! It's good to experiment then you find out what works and what doesn't.

    ReplyDelete