I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 21 October 2019

Suddenly autumn


Back home after my holiday and it seems to be taking me a while to 'get going' again. In the meantime, autumn has suddenly arrived. So far, the tones are subdued but we had a colder night last night and a few frosts might just boost the colours. I thought I'd better have a walk, just to see how things looked. It was peaceful as always along the canal, with a lone fisherman and a few dog walkers. I caught up with those ladies and their dogs as they stopped beside the lock. I was amused, as one of them - indicating the rather large and heavy looking black bags they were carrying - assured me they were bags of conkers and not dog poo! I'd not even thought about it.


The colour in Hirst Wood was muted, apart from a few sprays of beech leaves that often seem especially vibrant.


4 comments:

  1. For personal reasons I like the top photo very much. I think of Peggy, the sensible horse which on a freezing cold morning slipped her swingle-tree at Hirst Lock and galloped all the way back to Shipley to her nice warm stable. "That Peggy, she were nobody's fool!" said the breathless boatman who ran after her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn really is the prettiest season, beautiful shots Jenny 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn light is wonderful, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete