I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Thursday 17 October 2019

Leeds Light Night 2


On the way back to the rail station to get my train home, I watched an installation called 'The Vision', by Studio Ocubo from Portugal, which was projected onto the facade of the Queen's Hotel. It lasted about five minutes; these things must take weeks of work to put together in order to produce just those five minutes.



I must admit I found rather more joy, personally, in watching the children walking around with light lasers, lit balloons and umbrellas threaded with lights. The advent of the LED has really sparked off a revolution and there were many street sellers with carts full of sparkly wares.


4 comments:

  1. The event in Cambridge is entirely powered by LED lights for environmental reasons. Pity that some of the events only lasted a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of the things in your last pic, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty to have colored lights all over at night!

    ReplyDelete