I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Tuesday 28 April 2020

A rainbow and a memory


I've been following a few photography projects that I've seen online. The inspiration for this image came from a photographer called Paul Sanders, who teaches 'mindful photography'. He says: "I, like many of you, will have seen the rainbows drawn and painted by people and then placed in the windows of shops, homes and offices to acknowledge support of our health service heroes. This got me thinking and playing. Remember that I spoke about approaching things with a child's mind and that photography is really about playing anyway, so I played. Get your camera or phone and photograph things with the colours of a rainbow - remember the verse from school? Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain - Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet - simple or you can sing the song that goes "Red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue, I can sing a rainbow" it really depends on how much playing you want to do! Fill the frame of your phone or camera with the colours, doesn't matter if the images are out of focus, remember we are playing and there is no judgement. What you are effectively doing is photographing abstract colour. It is a celebration of gratitude, not only of the power of observation but of the key workers and front line health services battling to save the lives of those affected by the Coronavirus."
A dear friend of mine, also - coincidentally - called Paul Sanders, recently passed away, having been infected with Covid 19. My rainbow is dedicated to his memory, as well as to the NHS heroes who looked after him and continue to care for so many other people.  Paul was a warm-hearted and very kind man, who will be sadly missed by his family and friends. Sending my love and prayers to his family. 

6 comments:

  1. Prayer and sympathy for the loss of Paul, and all
    Your photo rainbow is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful idea the rainbow project is! May your friend's memory be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and to play with a camera...somehow I needed to hear that, since I don't usually do such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I love rainbows. I saw a lot of rainbows when I was living in Hawaii.

    I'm sorry that you lost your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh so sorry for your loss, the worldwide corona virus certainly has taken quite a few people.

    ReplyDelete