I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Saturday 18 April 2020

Chim chim cheree


Oh, a touch of Mary Poppins: 'chim chiminey, chim chim cheree' - came to mind as I noticed Salts Mill's chimney prettily framed by one of the dark pink cherry blossom trees on Saltaire Road. Maybe in a few more days the blossom will be even further unfurled but I wanted to take advantage of the sunshine to get the photo. It may not last!

As I walked further up the hill, white blossom trees softened the wider view. Talking of white, I've noticed the stone of the mill chimney has started to look very white lately. I think it must relate to the repointing work that was done a few years ago. I guess some of the mineral salts have started to leach out of the mortar.


5 comments:

  1. What is underneath the chimney? What purpose did it serve at Salts Mill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blossom can soften even the harshest industrial scenes.
    Mineral salts, eh? Must be why my hair's turning whiter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring blossoms can lighten our moods so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful spring photos of trees blossoming softens the turmoil in the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is certainly a tall chimney. I love cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete