I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Monday 20 April 2020

Backyard blossom


I'm taking a stroll most days through the streets of Saltaire village. It seems wrong to waste both the lovely spring weather we've been having and the daily exercise slot allowed under the lockdown rules. I'm probably getting more exercise than I usually do, in fact. They always say that during WWII the population became fitter, since war rations provided a more balanced diet than people usually had. This may be apocryphal... However, I do wonder if the current lockdown may have a beneficial effect too, as people get more regular exercise, have time to cook and eat fewer takeaways. Anyway, I digress from what I was going to say, which is that every time I go out I notice something 'new' and on this occasion it was a pretty spray of blossom tumbling over a fence.

3 comments:

  1. I find I am walking in different areas than normal. Looking for less congested places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting out and exploring the neighborhood is a good thing and we are doing much of the same even though we have less scenic streets to roam along.

    ReplyDelete