I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Spring in Saltaire


It's that time of year again where my ability to process and post photos on my blog is far outstripped by the pace of change from winter to spring. I took this photo on the 20th March, when the shrubs in the corner of the carpark were just beginning to blossom. The plot is part of the Veg on the Edge initiative, that uses bits of 'spare' land to grow fruit and veg for the local residents to help themselves to. In the intervening time between taking the pic and posting it, nature has blossomed even more. How we need the warmth and the colours of spring, after the dreadful wet winter and the horrors of the current global pandemic.

6 comments:

  1. Think positive! The windows of the house behind are very handsome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Salt Village Bakery sign makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need spring to lighten the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got those mid-March photos that I'm skipping at this time, because the later ones are so much more lush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does look like spring has arrived, but where w=are the people to enjoy it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I bet you're glad to see the back of winter there, sounds like it was an ordeal.

    ReplyDelete