I HAVE CLOSED DOWN THIS BLOG. Please click the photo above to be REDIRECTED TO MY NEW (continuation) BLOG.

Wednesday 22 April 2020

The end of the day


It's not often that I catch a sunset around here. I can't see them developing from my house as there are too many buildings in the way. When I do go out at twilight, I rarely catch much colour. I have never managed to work out what the conditions are that are most likely to produce the lovely tints.

Saltaire's church can look very attractive in the right circumstances, silhouetted against the western sky as the sun drops low behind it. On another evening at a similar time, everything looked much more blue. The photo below is looking along Albert Terrace, beside the railway station.

3 comments:

  1. A couple of great evening shots there. I think you really need clear skies in the west so the sun shines and broken clouds overhead to catch the light and reflect it earthwards. Since most of our weather comes from the west the old "red sky at night" maxim usually holds true. Sunsets are usually better towards the west of the country, I think, while sunrises are a speciality of the East coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My view of sunset is not great either so I am always thrilled when I am somewhere to see a good one. I like both of your pics, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are quite beautiful...especially in a quiet peaceful way.

    ReplyDelete